Spirit Chasers Spice CDX

Spirit Chasers Spice CDX

Chase got his CDX!!!! I am thrilled!  I almost thought it would never happen. He started laying down on his sit stays back in March.  After the pigeon incidence and he got to do a 9.5 minute down stay in the ring. After that, I thought we were pretty much screwed.  But with lots of training and persistence, he held his sit stay today!  Wooo Hooo!

It’s my first CDX ever on a dog.  Levi had one leg toward a CDX before I retired him. He just wouldn’t hold the out of site stays.  So that’s okay.  But Chase always had the potential.  He has the potential for a UD, too, so now that his CDX is done we are going to work the UD exercises.  That’ll be fun. I do want to get his ASCA CDX too, though, but hopefully that sit stay will hold for those legs too.

Today was an adventerous day… last night driving up to Idaho Falls Chase pooped in his crate, which is really rare. He’s usually really good about letting me know when he has to go out. But he didn’t give me even a peep.  Then this morning his poop was solid again.  But last night Tatum didn’t settle at all and kept me awake most of the night.  She’s usually really good in the hotel rooms so I don’t know what was up with her. Hopefully tonight she’ll be good and tired so she’ll sleep.  She also Q’d in Rally Novice B, yay!  I’ll post more about that later. I was so nervous about Chase and that CDX leg that I didn’t spend as much mental energy on Tatum as I should have.  But she did good, she got a 91 out of 100 so I was very proud of her!

So after we were done at the trial we came back to the hotel room and I took a nap. It felt good, I was exhausted.  The stress of the CDX was such that I felt like I was going to throw up after it was over.  I was so relieved.  So I took a nap and when I woke up I couldn’t find my smart phone.  I looked in the hotel and the van  and couldn’t find it.  So then I remembered that I’d thrown some stuff away at the trial site and though oh no, maybe the phone was with all that stuff.

So we went back to the trial site and they garbage collectors had come only an hour before! I thought I was screwed! So we did some training with the puppies and some friends and that was fun. Jet did some go-outs and some heeling and some dumbbell and had a great time.

When we were done I figured I’d walk the path once again from the van to the tent set up to see if I could find my phone.. and as I got closer to the tent site I realized that I had never taken my chair down, and maybe it was in my drink holder.  And it was! I was so relieved!  I don’t want to buy a new phone, I can’t afford it! And I really like my smart phone.  🙂

We then went to Cafe Rio for dinner, and then we went back to the hotel. Chase is again runny so I’m not sure what’s up with him.  It’s not affecting his performance, though. But since he now has his CDX I’m not going to put him back in the ring Saturday or Sunday.  There is no reason to waste energy on those stays when he doesn’t have to.  So now I get to concentrate on Tatum’s Rally for the next couple of days and I hope she will get her Rally Novice title!

It’s time for bed, good night!  😉

One thought on “Spirit Chasers Spice CDX”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *