Made It To Winnemucca

Levi, Jet, Tatum
Well we left for Dog Camp this morning… or, rather, this afternoon, as we had a bit of an adventure this morning.

I had all planned to take Tatum and Jet to the dog park this morning to get them nice and tired for the long five or six hour drive. Well woke up and Jet’s right eye was all weepy and he kept blinking it. So I told my husband. My husband likes to take them to the vet more, he’s more careful than I am. Usually I would just put some drops in his eye and call it good.

Well I took him to the vet, mainly because of Aaron’s opinion, and also because we are going off for a whole week and I want Jet to be healthy. The vet put the orange dye in Jet’s eyes and saw a big ugly ulcer on his right eye. Bleh! So it’s very good I didn’t put in the eye drops that we have that have the steroids in them. Those are bad bad bad for an eye cut or injury! The vet got a big q-tip and tried to see if there was something still in his eye, but couldn’t find anything because Jet wouldn’t let her. So she asked if she could sedate him… and I don’t usually like sedation, Jet has never been sedated, but if I said no, I’d just have worried all week about something being in his eye. So I said yes and Jet went groggy.

She poked around in his eye but didn’t find anything. So I guess that’s good. But then, of course, he had to perk up out of the sedation. Since having just lost Lucy, Jet being sedated really freaked me out. So we stayed at the vet’s in the lobby for about a half hour until he was ready to walk around and be a bit better. Then I took him home and he was wobbly and groggy, but I figured what the heck, we should still be off to camp.

So I packed up the three pups and off we went. Just before Wendover, Nevada, Jet’s nose and eyes started having a dark green, weird, discharge. Not like an infection, I know what that looks like, and it was different. More like food coloring or something. I called my husband, and he said maybe the orange of the eye dye combined with some normal yellow color and was being removed by Jet’s body. So yeah, I figured that’s probably it… an we kept on going through Nevada.

It was a long drive, and I stopped a lot to let the dogs out, and check on Jet. So we got to Winnemucca late. But we are doing okay, Jet is mostly perked back up and playing with Tatum. Levi has to bark at those two when they play, which makes it tough in the hotel. LOL but now it’s 7:30 pm and they have all settled down. They have to get some zoomies out after being cooped up in the van for so long.

Of course I ate too many chocolate chip cookies on the drive, and chips, so I could use some weight loss pills. I always do that when I’m driving, which I shouldn’t. Ugh.

So anyway, we are resting in the hotel now. We have to be at camp by 3pm tomorrow. I’ll try to get some pictures on my good camera, not just my phone like these. But the drive tomorrow should go pretty quick, I hope, and then we’ll be at Camp Winnaribbun!

Jet Buckled In

Above: Jet is in the front seat in his seatbelt. Still groggy from the sedation.

Trip Meeter

3 thoughts on “Made It To Winnemucca”

  1. Marsha and Jan got a late start too. You guys should have caravaned. I leave tomorrow. Have a safe trip.

  2. Glad all is good so far! Give everyone a hug from me and S. I am sure Jet will be fine with you taking care of him 🙂 xo

Leave a Reply to Chris Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *